Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 4, Thursday September 22, 2016: Montauk State Park

The alarm went off at 6:30 am. I got up and started to get ready to go. T did not sleep well and is still not well. She encouraged me to go ahead without her. I did. I went back to the area we were started in on Tuesday. I was in the water and ready to cast when the siren went off indicating that fishing for the day had begun.

I was only out for about three hours with the same overall results as Tuesday. One change was that I actually had a strike today. On just my second or so cast, a fish hit the lure and promptly ate the lure. When I pulled the line in, the fly was gone. I chalked it up to improper knot tying on my part. But, it gave me hope that this was the type of fly they would hit this morning. I tied on a new fly (in fact I tried several different flies) but I did not get another strike.

I went back to the cabin for lunch and to check on T. She was still feeling poorly so we stayed in the rest of the day.

In the evening, like clockwork, we went over to the lodge to get our tags for the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment